- TodayNovember 2014April 2012
Marketing and Merchandising Manager1000 - 4999 employeesClothing Sourcing, Marketing, Merchandising and Production Management
- TodayMarch 20122010
Merchandising Manager (Team Leader)SINOSKY (Apparel Sourcing and Manufacturing Company)Product Development & Merchandising, Designing Interface with the Buyers to identify specifications for Apparel. Research & develop new fabrics with Mills and Vendors. Interface with Vendors for costing of garments in line with budgeted parameters. Identify and develop a reliable Vendor base across Bangladesh and overseas. Follow up on Production status at Vendor locations; monitor processes, identify deviations and implement corrective action.
* Merchandising and Vendor Matrix Management.
* Overseeing a base of 12 Vendors
* Estimation Of Target Price
* Selection Of Right Source
* Problem Solver
* Buying Agency, Catalysts
* Optimization Of Taxes and Duties
* Best Price Selection
Reitman’s (Canada), Pennington (Canada), Jean Shop (Canada, RW & CO. (Canada)
Manager Marketing & MerchandisingMimtex Group* Key focus is on Sourcing in Bangladesh for the EU market for a customer profile including High-end brands, retailers.
* Managed a team of 8 personnel; including a Sample In charge, Pattern Maker, Merchandisers and development coordinators who helps in following through on Merchandising, Product Development and Execution.
* Responsibilities included Product Development, Sourcing and Production
* A key accountability includes managing Cost of Operations and People Management.
* Grew Knit business from under US$ 1M in 2008 to close at US$ 3M in the year 2009.
* Growth target for the year closing 2010 was US$ 6M.
* Acquired insight into working of EU Retail Markets through research into customer markets / product lines; working closely with the other Teams collaboratively to create a product line and make presentations accordingly.
Ernsting’s Family, ADLER, REA, RAT, GHD, Sport Promotion Service, Wehmeyer, CASAMODA.
Assistant Manager MerchandisingTexeurop BD LtdResponsible for a team of marketing and merchandising, production management, sampling, fit & pre-production approvals, fabric & trim approvals, testing, gold seals, works with QA's for timely inspection & delivery, update the buyer & the production status.
Key Accounts :
Dunnes Store, Drothy-Perkins, Pea-Cock, Tema, Primark, Okaidi, Obaibi, Quick-Silver, Jules, Camaieu, Bizbee, Afibel, Barbe-Blue, Bluhm-Koln, Bluhmod, Vertbaduet, Burton, Penny-Rewe, Defi Mode, Captain Tourte.
MerchandiserFamous Textiles SDN BHDHandling on very tightly scheduled assignments, managed the risk and got the important sample assignments completed well before time. Flair for analysis based troubleshooting and quick decision-making. Cultivated the spirit and method in team to collect facts.
Very good knowledge of wovens/knits sourcing and product development
Key Accounts :
Target Corporation, Mervyns, AMC Store, Marshall Field, Boscoves, Baby Togs, Lolly Togs, Stage Store, May Department Store International (MDSI), Family Dollar, SEARS, K-mart, Zeller, Wal-mart (USA).
Worked for 01 year in FAMOUS TEXTILE SDN BHD at BRUNEI DARUSSALAM in terms of transfer as Merchandiser Supervisor in the year of 2001.
- University Of Dhaka, Dhaka
University of DhakaPhilosophy - Obtained 2nd class
- IUT College, Tangail
IUT CollegeScience - Obtained 2nd division
- Agrani High School, Tangail
Agrani High SchoolScience - Obtained 1st division
Please sign up to view Mithu Hassan's full profile.SIGN UP
- Production management
- Product development
- Object Oriented Programming
- Internet marketing
- Cutting and store room Management
13+ years experience on apparels/textiles/retail industry in the area of Marketing & Merchandising.
Apparel Marketing & Merchandising, costing, order development, sourcing materials, production planning & follow-up, earner of customer’s confidence, over comer from a critical situation by mutual understanding and making an instant decision.
Merchandising Fashion Export & Import, Product Development, Buying Agency, catalysts, Optimization of taxes and duties, best price selection, Local import sourcing strategy, Estimation of target price, Selection of right source.
Supervised, managed and implemented marketing & merchandising in the area of Woven, Knit and Sweater.
Passion for developing transferable knowledge & expertise, team dynamics and accountability at all levels.